Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Week 13 - sorry it's an essay...

So after Saturday's effort of my fastest 1 km  yet followed by 7 kms, all of which were faster than I usually run at - I found I had a niggly lower back.

Sunday night I cooked a stir fry and organised my meal plan for the week.  I kind of struggled with deciding what to have - because seriously a week's worth of breakfast, lunch and dinners are a lot of meals!!

Breakfast was supposed to be a shake but got up late, so took yoghurt and  a muesli bar with me.  Lunch was leftover stir fry and more yoghurt (as I didn't have much leftover).  I was supposed to go to an x-training class on Monday night at the gym - but decided not to attempt the unknown class with a potentially dodgy back.  Walked the dogs instead. Dinner was Thai Chicken burger - however Aldi gimped me (market was closed).  No chicken mince - but I have a food processor so that was ok, no shallots so I added red onion, no fresh chilli so I added dry flakes and I don't think enough, no fresh coriander, so added dry and probably not enough.  No tomatoes that weren't mouldy, so I had lettuce and beetroot and the burger on turkish bread (as they didn't have normal rolls).  It just tasted a bit bland.  I got my pumpkin roasting in preparation for making soup.

Tuesday I was going to get up early and do a workout but had been awake for several hours during the night, and the alarm kept getting reset before I absolutely had to get up to go to work. So tired.  Lunch was with work people - Mr Burger.  I didn't order chips but had a couple of other people's so that's kind of a step in the right direction. Got home a bit late and couldn't leave the house as I was expecting groceries - so Jase walked the dogs.  I cooked up the bibimbap.  I added extra "Thai seasoning" - and also tried using some "chilli sauce" which looked like the stuff at korean places.  It was MEGA spicy and I think contained MSG.  I also felt like my finger was on fire later that evening as I must have gotten some on the end of my finger, licked it off and not really worried about it. Procrastinated too much so I should have copied off the last of the fitness programs I wanted before the 12wbt site closes to me, but I didn't.  I did cook up the pumpkin soup though - so that's good for tomorrow's dinner, Thursday's lunch and a spare dinner in the freezer. Got to bed after 11pm which was a bit dumb but happy to have had my food organised.

Wednesday had set my alarm in the hope of getting up for a run - fun run is on Sunday 8km so this was a good opportunity to fit in another run before resting up running wise for that. I woke up 10mins before my alarm and even though I was tired as hell I played with my iphone for a bit, then dragged myself out of bed and on a run. 5km run/walk in 34:48. So average of 6'52". I can see by the map that I started off strong, but at around 3km just ran out of steam, so it was walking and running for the last 2 km. That has just reminded me that I can't run without eating breakfast, and I shouldn't run in fleecy warm tracksuit pants and a jumper when it's 14 degrees. I was sooooo overheating. I do like my Halo Headphones but the thick headband seems to retain heat. But I enjoyed the endorphins post run, and did quite a bit of stretching afterwards. I also had a banana smoothie for breakfast. Lunch - leftover bibimbap - trying the sweet chilli sauce that doesn't have MSG in it. Much better! Although jase wanted to have snag stand with me so i met him after eating the bibimbap and had some chips. And a mocha! Dinner was pumpkin soup and little rolls you bake in the oven.

Thursday it was my turn to help with the charity breakfast at work. As I had to get in early I took in some belvite breakfast biscuits to eat whilst market shopping. I had a few items from the morning tea (maybe too much cheese), and late lunch of pumpkin soup. Dinner was beef stroganoff - the beef was a bit chewy but I liked the taste. I forgot I was supposed to be using whole meal pasta and made it with rice. Jase wasn't a fan so I might need to find a new recipe or use better meat or something. Before dinner I met up with a local 12 week buddy to try out a boxing workout. Went from 6 yeses to 1 but never mind - was probably better to have 1 person happy for me to try out my workout with them whilst chatting :)

Friday I think I had a breakfast smoothie. I also had a work function in the afternoon, and planned to have cajun chicken and sweet potato wedges for dinner. For the work function I had a beef burger in a brioche roll, with apple and beetroot, rocket maybe some sauce? And fries and aioli. It was yummy! Heaps better than the "man burger" a lot of the work guys got. I had too much to drink, 2 glasses of wine and a cider (didn't have to go back to work). That night I felt a bit dodgy so ended up having baked bean jaffles. Not sure if it was the alcohol or the raspberry coconut water nudie drink I tried.

Saturday was supposed to be a rest up for the run on Sunday. Instead we had breakfast at the local cafe (croissants with an awful jam), lots of walking around the motorbike expo and sitting on cool looking bikes. Lunch decided to splurge and go to meat and wine co. I had a steak and prawn skewer (with aioli), crunchy fries (left the dud ones) and to glasses of sparkling wine. Was such a nice day weather wise. Made beef stew for dinner which I'd started the night before (though struggled to find the will to make it in advance, was pretty easy though just time consuming).

Sunday got up at had a banana, muesli, rice milk & protein powder shake, followed by an 8km fun run. After that had a cup if Emma and Tom's recovery orange juice or one thing, a kids banana snack bar and not enough water as I discovered later. Jase and I headed for the witch mount winery's picnic in the west. I liked it but the sun came out after we got there and we'd both left home without our big hats (and could have taken the dogs). I had a couple of dumplings - prawn one was yummy, spring roll, a glass of cab sav, a cheese platter (with biscuits and two types of cheese) and a bottle of water. Was starving at about 5 - so by 6 I was at the local cafe where I had a cider, some prawn cutlets with I think pickled cucumber, and a white based pizza with pancetta and red onion. I stopped at the supermarket on the way home and bought one random veggies and meat with only a vague idea in mind.

So big weekend of eating and drinking starting from Friday. Next weigh in will be interesting!!

Apologies to anyone reading this and hating me talking about the bad food I eat :) keen to document my weeks as I continue to monitor my weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment