Friday, February 8, 2013

Round 1 - 2013

I'm baaa-aack.

Largely because the finale is going to be in Melbourne and I think it will be fun to be a part of the round and then go to the workout/finale and also I'm off to Hawaii in March (bikini time?).  Weight wise I'm just looking to maintain.  Any weight I do put on just seems to go on my guts so I'm keen to stop it creeping slowly back up (which it started doing after Christmas).  Fitness wise - I slacked off a lot when I did Round 3 last year so this time I want to get more fitness happening.

At this stage I'm not sure if that means doing the full hour's workout each day, or taking bits from it and doing a more express workout.  I'm happy to spend 30 or so minutes in the gym in the morning during the week and chuck in a casual boxing session or gym class, and try to get a few SSS with the local ladies each month.

Foodwise I'm hoping to get inspired into the planning, shopping, cooking, etc.. rather than buying lunches during the week, and randomly deciding what I'm going to eat on a weeknight - often foiled because I've forgotten to take the meat out of the freezer in time.  I was a little disappointed to see that the Week 1 meal plan has a lot of Round 3 items in it.  Was hoping for a bunch of new things to try - rather than things like the Apple Muesli which I just don't like.  Yes I know I can swap things out and I will.  I should go check out the recipe index.

Having signed up a few days ago it feels odd to see all the preseason tasks you haven't done with only a couple of days to do them before the program kicks off.  I should do the fitness test but haven't gotten off my butt to do it yet, and I should do measurements.  But I should also work out what off the meal plan I'm eating next week and plan out my shopping list and stuff. A lot of shoulds there... :)  Overall I'm happy with how I've been tracking, but need to tidy up some habits and some bad eating too!

I commit to eating healthy meals during the week and to making regular exercise part of my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment