Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Get real - no more excuses

The first pre-season task covered excuses. Excuses I had been using for awhile now.

I'm too tired, too cold, it's too dark. I don't have enough time. I want to be doing something fun!

Michelle bridges says just do it. Put on your running shoes and get out that door. Surprisingly enough after doing it - its not so bad!

I'm now getting out of bed an hour earlier and either walk/jogging with the puppy or I'm doing a 30 minute workout in front of the Telly. I also now have a good selection of Michelle Bridges, Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper workouts.

Key lesson learnt - don't rely on motivation, make exercise a part of daily life. Recognise the self-sabotaging excuses and get past them.

Will be interesting to see if that's my reality after 12 weeks of working out 6 days a week! It's hard to break the cycle of excuses, but recognizing what is in my control is a start. Remember just do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment