Sunday, August 19, 2012

Organise and diarise

This task highlights how important planning is for success. Red flag days with "disruptions". Early morning training is best to ensure excuses don't derail the workout. Apparently we need to allow for a big shop per work with maybe a top up shop during the week. MB recommends scheduling your shopping day, and a cooking day with options of freezing or fridging meals for the week.

So off I went to highpoint walking from one end of the centre to the other and then back again. Surprisingly in August it's quite difficult to find a 2012 organiser!! So ended up with some smiggle goodies. A small spiral notebook for writing down each day's food and exercise, a set of memo sticky notes in the shape of a polar bear, some cool pens, pencils (buy 5 for $3 or 1 for $1.99 so what are you going to do?!), an eraser in the shape of a polar bear and of course a pencil sharpener for my new pencils.



All these gung ho people have gone ahead and scheduled their next 13 weeks. Me? I'm waiting for the exercise and food plans and then I'll write it down. I want to know what suggestions MB has for each day (gym/home/outdoors) before I make my plans :/

The other part of my task - set 4, 8 and 12 week milestones. Loosely they're the three runs for the spring into shape series. Run 4 km without stopping, depending on my fitness level - run 4km quicker, or 8km slowly but still 8km, and the final run 8km with the plan to run that without stopping apart from a couple of water breathers.

It doesn't quite line up with the program though. I think the runs are at 2 weeks, 6 and 10... I might give some more thought to the milestones. I'm not sure if they're supposed to be different to the goals set in the earlier task!!

No comments:

Post a Comment