Wednesday, September 19, 2012

12WBT Blog-A-Day Challenge #19 – My 5 Must Have Fitness Items

Here are my 5 must have fitness items!
  1. My Polar HRM.  I could have been happy with the FT40 but ended up getting the FT60.  Still yet to see if I'll use their "pick a program" functionality once the 12 weeks is up :) Thanks to the program's sponsor offer of 30% plus free express delivery!
  2. My shoes.  I might have a slight obsession with buying sneakers. After probably 6 years of running (ad hoc fun runs really) in the same shoes - I decided it was time for an upgrade.  I recently went to a place near the Melbourne City Baths and did treadmill analysis to confirm that I need a shoe with support.  So I ended up with these:
  3. Fitness DVDs - am over joining gyms that I don't end up going to, so I enjoy a good at home dvd.  Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels have my favourite ones (although Bob Harper's can feel a bit long - but he has a great yoga workout where you SWEAT!!!). Seriously who wouldn't be inspired by these two?!! :)
  4. Boxing gloves.  Whilst not essential for every workout - am including it as a boxing class or training makes you work hard!
  5. Tunes! Music helps me JFDI! I'd struggle without my iphone or ipod going for a run, and really enjoy the music aspect of fitness classes (except when they pump it up so loud you feel like you should be wearing ear plugs :))
Erin's list is over here:

No comments:

Post a Comment